Try this healthy vegetarian creation sent to us by Paul & Jackie Black
Delicious, healthy meat free alternative to a shepherds pie with hint of spice
500g mashed potato
1 small chopped onion
1 medium carrot finely chopped
120g (drained weight) of tinned cooked brown lentils
400g tinned chopped tomatoes
50g chestnut mushrooms finely chopped
1 clove of garlic peeled and chopped
1 stick of celery finely chopped
2 teaspoons of dried mixed herbs
1 teaspoon olive oil
100ml vegetable stock
Freshly ground pepper to taste
25-30g grated cheddar cheese
Two desert spoons of Calder’s Kitchen Chillililli
1. Preheat oven to 190C / Gas mark 5.
2. Heat oil in in a non-stick frying pan and sauté the onions on a medium heat for 3-5mins until they soften but not brown.
3. Add the garlic, celery, mushrooms, carrot, herbs, drained lentils, tinned tomatoes and stock to the frying pan. Stir well and bring to simmer.
4. Cover the frying pan and cook for 10mins making sure the mixture does not dry up (add a little water or more stock if necessary).
5. Turn off heat and season the sauce to taste with black pepper then stir in the Calder’s Kitchen Chillililli.
6. Place the sauce into a two-person baking dish and then spoon on the mashed potato using a fork to create small spikes of potato.
7. Sprinkle with the cheese and bake in the oven for 15-20mins or until the potato topping is golden brown.
on its own, or with a crisp green salad, or a green vegetables
Comments will be approved before showing up.