Ingredients: (serves two)
- 500g mashed potato
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 medium carrot finely chopped
- 120g (drained weight) of tinned cooked brown lentils
- 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 50g chestnut mushrooms finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic peeled and chopped
- 1 stick of celery finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of dried mixed herbs
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 100ml vegetable stock
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 25-30g grated cheddar cheese
- Two desert spoons of Calder’s Kitchen Chillililli
- Preheat oven to 190C / Gas mark 5.
- Heat oil in in a non-stick frying pan and sauté the onions on a medium heat for 3-5mins until they soften but not brown.
- Add the garlic, celery, mushrooms, carrot, herbs, drained lentils, tinned tomatoes and stock to the frying pan. Stir well and bring to simmer.
- Cover the frying pan and cook for 10mins making sure the mixture does not dry up (add a little water or more stock if necessary).
- Turn off heat and season the sauce to taste with black pepper then stir in the Calder’s Kitchen Chillililli.
- Place the sauce into a two-person baking dish and then spoon on the mashed potato using a fork to create small spikes of potato.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and bake in the oven for 15-20mins or until the potato topping is golden brown.
Serve on its own, or with a crisp green salad, or a green vegetables.